I’ll be participating of The Reading Quest, hosted by Aentee at Read at Midnight! It goes from August 13th to September 10th.
I’m not going to copy all the official information here, so you can go here, in Read at Midnight’s sign up post to check it all out, but basically the idea is that you choose a character class and complete the quests of that class before moving on to the next one, and, as you read, you acquire XP and HP points. I’m currently addicted to playing The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, so this challenge is perfect!
As you could see in the image with the incredible artwork by CW of Read, Think, Ponder, I have chosen to start as a Knight and then I’ll move on to Bard (on Skyrim I’m a Warrior as well, and I am currently on a quest to join the Bards College, so it’s all very fitting). The TBR list for the Knight quest is as follows:
- The first book of a series: A Game of Thrones, by George R. R. Martin
- A book with a verb in its title: Never Let me Go, by Kazuo Ishiguro
- A book with a weapon on its cover: The Winter King, Bernard Cornwell
- A book with a red cover: Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World, by Harumi Murakami
- A book that has a tv/movie adaptation: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, by C. S. Lewis
For the Bard quest I have yet to choose all the books, but the ones I’ve already decided are:
For the side quests, the only one I’m sure is
- Respawn (read a book you previously DNF): Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, by Philip K. Dick
I also made a video on my channel talking about it, if you want to watch:
The marathon/challenge begins in less than five hours!
Good luck to all of you and good reading!